A gentleman from Stoke has a dream! Johnathan Oldbury a keen idea generator for LEGO wants the toy giant to mass produce a Great British Chip Shop.
Here at Chippy Chat we applaud anyone who wants to promote our national dish and are asking readers to sign on and help him make his dream become a reality, and also have a bit of extra fun at the same time!
Johnathan said “I have chosen this design as it is something unique that we can all relate to, there is great detail in the set which includes the following:”
- Fridge with opening door for cold drinks.
- A walk in fridge freezer to keep all the food stored in and fresh.
- A menu board with leaflets menus on either side.
- Food preparation area with potato boxes full of potato’s ready to be peeled and container to store the raw chips ready for cooking.
- Extractor fan to keep the chip shop from getting too hot.
- Salt, Vinegar and sauce bottles in the customer area and on the counter.
- Papers for wrapping all the food up on the counter.
- Area for peas, gravy, curry sauce and beans to be stored ready to be added to any meal.
- Chip fryer with heat rack top to display the cooked food for customers to choose what they would like with their chips.
- Two staff in uniform – one for food preparation and one to serve the cooked food.
- Drain pipe at back of the building to remove excess water from the roof.
- There is also a combination of meals that can be created see the food image for ideas on what to serve to the customers.
The roof panel lifts off at the top allowing easy access to all areas of the shop and has an external extractor fan vent on also a grip handle in the middle allowing the easy removal of the panel.
The set is made up of 1190 bricks and we think will be a great set for LEGO fans of all ages.
As an extra bit of fun we’ve teamed up with Jonathan to help name the staff which will come with the set. So if you have a favourite in your shop (a Calum or a Des, a Lesley or a Gregg) please email me firstname.lastname@example.org and we can submit your ideas.
To show your support log onto the web site below and sign up. Once signed up you can vote for this set to be considered for production. We need 10,000 votes!